Type II - new technology for inner surface treatment
Over the past year, we succeeded in developing an innovative resource-efficient, safe and stable process for the production of Type II (flint) glass.
It was our intention to develop a new process for inner treatment of soda silica glass to overcome the main weakness of the current existing processes in terms of stability, safety and from an ecological standpoint.
Additionally our goal was to develop a process, which also fits smaller sized bottles by enabling optimal dosing of the treatment.
• Made of soda lime silica glass.
• Suitable for most acidic and neutral aqueous preparations - parenteral or non-parenteral.
• Minimalized environmental impact through optimal dosing of ammonium sulfate.
• Material savings through optimum distribution and adjusted quantity to bottle size.
• Improved work safety due to harmless raw materials and complete removal of reaction fumes.
• Highest product quality through automated, consistent dosing.
• Process monitoring with state-of-the-art sensor technology.
• Immediate removal of all process fumes via suction and neutralization.
• Treatment detection integrated into existing infrastructure.
• Automatic rejection of poor/untreated bottles.
• Flint injection and infusion bottles from 6 ml to 250 ml.
• Adherence to all requirements of US and European Pharmacopoeias for Type II Glass.
• Already produced industrial samples.
• Industrial production to take place in Stoelzle´s pharma dedicated plant in Koeflach, Austria.