DEL_COAT BFS is a long life coat for the gob delivery system that extends the time between blank swabbing from 30 min to 8 hours
DEL_COAT BFS - Designed for Efficient Gob Loading and Forming Performance
• Newly developed coating for Gob Delivery System.
• Durable and supportive high speeds and temperatures.
• Four step coating, whose thickness is controlled for allowing long life operation.
Gob Delivery System should be prepared ideally for:
• Minimizing loading time (low friction).
• Keeping gob hot (insulation effects).
• Durability at high temperature.
• Hard wearing.
• Well aligned.
• Perfectly flat and clear surface.
Traditionally, glass industry uses coatings based on graphite epoxy resins, which have to assured the above mentioned for defect-free glass operation.
The main problems of epoxy resin based coatings:
• Short life - maximum 30 days for Base 10 coated deflectors and troughs.
• Visual defects caused by worn out places.
• Required special environmental condition during coating (no dust, time for achieving hardness, suitable temperature for hardening).
• Required constant attention from IS operators when gob loading into sections.
• Required special skills and knowledge (proper cleaning, proper warming up of details, skills for proper coat).
• Required a person for preparing of troughs and deflector (one person at least necessary for delivery system).
All mentioned cost money!
DEL_COAT BFS is a product developed using plasma technology, tested 7 years in operation
• Increases your PTM between 2% and 4%.
• Designed for supporting high speeds.
• Minimizes gob speed losses - smooth and oily.
• Keeps gob hot - insulation effect.
• Minimizes visual defects - long operation hours without wear, perfectly flat surface.
• Saves you more than 70% from expenses related to production losses/component replacement.
• Reduces section downtimes, achieves long operation hours without replacing components.
• Less effort for operators, fewer man hours.
• Reduces maintenance cost - 100% outsourced.
• Coated goods could be delivered by courier.
DEL_COAT BFS Working Instruction
• Install coated deflectors/throats on machine.
• Align them in line from blanks to scoops.
• Swab them with oil that you use for blank swabbing or use any graphite spray (as for blanks painting).
• Run the gob into section.
• Swab again, if you see that gob postpone.
• Starting procedure is going to take about an hour, as the timing between swabbing is increasing as example – 5, 7, 10, 15, 30 min.
• After that you need no more than once or twice per day to swab again.
• After six months (it is approximate time) you should take out and pass the deflectors through lehr for removing carbon.
• Clean them with sandpaper 120 carefully.
• Put them again on machine using the same procedure.
You have doubts about using of new technologies? Contact us for test and details!