VitroGLO-UP is a NEW generation of Low NOx gas burners for application to a Glass Melting Furnace. They are designed to operate at low gas pressures, and provide a highly luminous adjustable flame. The flame length is adjustable (by up to 30%) by means of proportioning the velocities of the two concentric gas jets. This is controlled within the burner by adjusting a calibrated dial on the back of the burner. In Underport firing applications, a high degree of flame coverage can be achieved, which with the high luminosity maximises the heat transfer to the glass, and minimises NOx emissions. The underport system incorporates a burner sealing system, which eliminates tertiary air and provides burner cooling to increase the nozzle operational life. The bracket holds the seal ring in place in the burner block and includes a cooling air supply ring for high efficiency cooling.
Two types of support bracket can be provided depending on whether the bracket is supported from above or below. Support from above has the advantage of allowing clear access to the flux line. Both provide simple vertical angle adjustment with a reference scale. The mechanism provides accurate burner location, and allows for quick and safe burner removal. The underport burner can be supplied without the burner bracket for retrofitting to existing burner installations. The gas burner is interchangeable with the Global Combustion Oil Burner.
Global Combustion Systems can also provide auxiliary equipment including a full gas control system, with full supervision and commissioning services.
• Gas Range: Up to 500 m3(n)/h (to 18500 scfh)
• Gas Pressure: 200—500 mBarg (2.9 to 7.25 psig.)
• Nozzle Sizes: 20—65 mm
• Gas Connections: 75mm (3”)
• Flame Length: Up to 14m (46 ft) (Depending on Nozzle Size combination)
• Vertical Angle Adjustment: 3 to 15 deg
• Vertical Height Adjustment: +/- 25mm ( +/- 1 in)
• Forward/Back Adjustment: +/- 12mm(+/- 0.5 in)
Seal Ring Air
• Pressure: 7.5 mBarg (3 in WG)
• Flow: 40 m3(n)/h (25 scfm)
• Low NOx Levels
• High Luminosity
• Predicable Characteristics
• Reproducible Performance
• Low Maintenance
• Adjustable Flame Length
• Bracket mounting options
• Integrated seal ring and air cooling
• Vertical angle reference scale